In today’s technological era, companies are competing hard to recruit top talent. Gone are the days when traditional recruitment strategies helped companies find said top talent.
Recruiters have to toil hard to find suitable candidates for a job position. They have to go through applicant resumes, interview results, and much more for selecting the right talent.
Considering the diverse skills required for modern-day jobs, recruitment isn’t easy. As a result, recruiters need a helping hand for the seamless integration of recruitment processes.
An ATS (Applicant Tracking System) can help recruiters flawlessly integrate hiring processes. Read on to know the uses, benefits, and features of applicant tracking systems in 2022.
Understanding Applicant Tracking Systems
An applicant tracking system can enable the electronic handling of recruitment processes. With the aid of such a software application, firms can centrally control different recruitment processes.
For example, for a particular job opening, recruiters have to shortlist candidates based on their resumes. Recruiters also have to store the results of each applicant after every recruitment round. Also, there is a need to maintain clear communication to enhance the applicant experience. Managing all these recruitment processes manually is a challenge for recruiters in 2022.
With applicant tracking systems, recruiters can view the progress of recruitment processes under a single dashboard. HRs, management officials, and business owners can screen and hire employees easily with applicant tracking systems.
Any mundane tasks associated with recruitment can be completed easily with applicant tracking systems. With the aid of AI/ML, ATS can now automate repetitive tasks associated with recruitment for businesses.
From advertising job postings to interview management, everything can be organized and completed with ATS.
The Workings of an ATS
The workings of an ATS will depend on the specific recruitment process. For example, many businesses use an ATS for shortlisting candidates for a specific post based on their resumes. The ATS takes all the resumes and matches them against the job description.
Consider a job opening that invites an applicant from a CSE background. If applicants from a commerce background apply for the job opening, the ATS will reject those resumes. Similarly, an ATS can filter resumes based on skills, experience, or any other pre-decided factor. It does so by looking for specific keywords in the applicant resumes.
Modern-day applicant tracking systems also come with a chat function. Hiring teams can chat in real-time with each other with the ATS. Decisions can be taken from a central point with collaborative efforts. Many recruiters use an applicant tracking system to add commentary for each applicant.
Not to forget, an ATS can also help you with applicant communication and job posting. An ATS is a type of application software programmed to integrate different hiring processes. Modern-day applicant tracking systems run on AI/ML algorithms.
With modern-day ATS, recruiters can make informed decisions in real-time. The ATS creates a recruitment funnel that is easy to be followed. An example of a recruitment funnel created by an ATS for a job opening is as follows:
- Accepting applications
- Resume filtering
- Domain-specific interviews
- HR interviews
Top Features of an Applicant Tracking Software
The top features of ATS are listed below:
- Many recruiters rely on ATS for designing a unique career page. Applicants can visit your career page and view all the current job openings. They can apply directly for a job opening in your company via the career page. An ATS also has the ability to customize your career page with the latest inputs, forms, and email notifications.
- The best feature of an ATS is that it offers a customized job board view. Under the single dashboard, one can view all the stages of recruitment for different job openings. The ATS also stores applicant profiles and helps you search for any applicant within seconds.
- ATS features also include automated job posting on popular boards. For example, an ATS has the power to connect with job boards like Indeed and Monster and post job openings from a single dashboard.
- Resume parsing/screening is the most popular feature of ATS. Many businesses rely on an ATS only for resume screening and parsing. Based on pre-decided keywords, the ATS looks for applicants fit for a particular job opening.
- Interview scheduling is a mundane task to be completed by recruiters. With an ATS, interviews can be scheduled for shortlisted candidates quickly. In addition, an ATS enables recruiters to send automated reminders to candidates and hiring teams for upcoming interviews.
- ATS can carry out automated assessments for the selection of employees based on results. Team collaboration is another popular feature of ATS. Many recruiters prefer using an ATS for analytics and deep insights. An ATS can also help you with the employee onboarding process.
Pros of Using an ATS
The pros of using an ATS in 2022 for recruitment are as follows:
- With an ATS, recruiters can decrease the time and cost for each hire. More than 80% of recruiters believe ATS has helped them save time during recruitment.
- ATS helps recruiters spend less time on job advertisements. It also helps recruiters communicate with the applicants at regular intervals.
- When your recruitment process is faster, you can hire top talent before a competitor gets to them. A robust recruitment process and enhanced communication boost the candidate experience as well.
- Candidates usually apply for a new job opening based on the company’s reputation. An ATS helps you adopt employer branding strategies to attract applicants.
Things to Consider Before Choosing an ATS for Your Company
Some things to consider before choosing an applicant tracking system for your company are as follows:
- Recruitment goals/objectives of your company.
- The experience and reputation of the ATS provider in the industry.
- The speed of the ATS in terms of completing different recruitment processes.
- The effectiveness of the ATS in showing deep insights and analytical reports.
- The branding and communication features of the ATS.
- The job posting features of the ATS.
- The installment and operational costs of the ATS.
Besides speeding up the hiring process, an ATS also improves the quality of hires. You’re able to have access to the top talent available with the aid of ATS.
Applicant Tracking Systems can eliminate the manual burden of recruiting. Start using an applicant tracking system in 2022 for acquiring top talent!